The privacy of you and every other reader of Simply Elope (SE) is very important to us. As such, we want to make sure you understand what information may be collected when you visit Simply Elope, how we use it and what options you have when it comes to your information.
How Information is Collected
Information can be collected Simply Elope, or almost any website for that matter, in two ways.
1. You willingly provide information
You can access Simply Elope without revealing any personal information. However, when you register for Simply Elope subscription, enter a contest, submit a comment or perform a similar action on the Simply Elope website, you willing providing us with personal information. The information shared may include your name, email address, location, comments and photos.
2. We collect technical information as you use Simply Elope
We collect general, not personally identifiable, technical information when you visit SimplyElope.com from a computer, phone or other Internet connected device or app capable of accessing Simply Elope. The technical information collected by Simply Elope is the same data that is collected by almost any website you access and it can be broken into three categories:
1. Log Data – When you access Simply Elope, our servers automatically record information about your use of Simply Elope that is not able to be used to personally identify you. Data collected includes basic information sent by your web browser, including: IP address, date and time of your request to access Simply Elope, browser type and settings and the page you were viewing before visiting Simply Elope.
3. Device Information – We may also collect information about the device from which you’re accessing Simply Elope. The type of information we collect will vary from device type, but a sample of the information we may collect includes: Operating System, Operating System Version and Device Type (desktop, mobile phone, tablet, etc).
How We Use Collected Information
We use the collected information to improve Simply Elope, ensure you enjoy our content and plan new site features.
- Provided Personal Information allows us to better understand the Simply Elope audience and plan editorial content to better satisfy their expectations of Simply Elope
- Log Data allow us to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use
- Cookies allow us to personalize your experience on Simply Elope
- Device Information allows us to optimize Simply Elope content for consumption on the devices most popular with our readers
Third Party ad servers or ad networks
Some of the advertisements that appear on Simply Elope are delivered to you by the third party ad networks. These third parties may utilize technologies to collect anonymous information about your visit to our site, including information about the banner ads displayed, cookies placed on your computer and/or your IP address.
Your options for sharing/not sharing your information
If you wish to opt out of information collection by third parties ad networks, please visit:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share some of your personal information to third party partners if this is needed in order to provide you services or products requested by you. We share personal information only if third party’s Privacy Policies are consistent with ours or if they agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
We may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- You give us your express consent for a specified purpose
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our website or defend our rights or property
Links to third party Websites
Simply Elope has links on this site for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own.
Simply Elope follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL) where appropriate. We also protect the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
All Photography on this blog is always credited to the best of my knowledge and is used under the Fair Use Doctrine of U.S. Copyright Law. If you own the rights to an image and would like it removed from the blog or would like to request a change to a credit, please contact us privately. Simply Elope reserves the right to request proof of copyright ownership in either case to ensure changes are accurate.
Your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. Please be respectful of every couple and company that is featured on Simply Elope; any comment that I consider inappropriate, offensive, disrespectful, or spam will be rejected or deleted. If you have a complaint with a company that is featured, please remember that it is a private matter and Simply Elope is not a venue to air your grievances. Any comments that are clearly designed only to promote a company or website will be marked as spam. Comments are the property of their authors and are not necessarily representative of the views of Simply Elope or its sponsors.
Questions or Suggestions